Share your wisdom and grow your brand with industry specific books.
Publishing a book can feel like a monumental task, especially when you do it on your own. There’s a whole world of design choices, marketing strategies, and printing options that you need to navigate before your book finds its audience. Count on Palmetto Publishing to guide you along the way.
Share your knowledge and educate others by publishing non-fiction books.
Everyone has a book inside them, waiting to come out. If you’re an expert in a specific field or have a true story you need to tell, you may have a non-fiction book worth sharing with the world.
Publishing a non-fiction book takes effort, but you don’t have to do it alone. Palmetto Publishing can support you through the publishing process for your non-fiction book.
What Counts as Non-Fiction?
Non-fiction is one of the broadest categories of writing. It includes every kind of writing except fictional stories and poetry. Some of the most popular types of non-fiction books include:
- Art: Art books contain pictures of different art forms, typically with descriptions or explanations of the images.
- Business: Books explaining business topics or instructions on how to become better business people are common.
- Cooking: Cookbooks and recipe collections remain popular, particularly specialty books focused on specific cuisines or diets.
- Guides: How-to guides cover every imaginable subject, from gardening to traveling to electrical engineering.
- Health: These books range from simple explanations of common conditions to in-depth resources for medical experts.
- History: These books may be academic texts recounting historical events or fun, casual explorations of past cultures.
- Humor: Joke books, collections of funny anecdotes, and humorous essays are all popular non-fiction books.
- Memoirs and biographies: Authors recount their lives in these books, usually from a specific point of view. If someone else writes about a person’s life, it’s a biography.
- Relationships: Everyone can benefit from understanding how relationships work. These books focus on specific types of conflict, like parent-child or romantic relationships.
- Self-help: These books give the reader advice on improving problems in their life, from alcoholism to social anxiety.
Writing non-fiction books is a rewarding way to share your knowledge with other people. If you’re an expert on something, you can write a non-fiction book explaining it. Examples of some excellent self-published non-fiction books include:
Business genre: A Business Roadmap for Professional Photo Organizers, by Cathi Nelson and Jill B. Yesko
History genre: Victory Day, by Kenneth Scarlett
Self-help genre: Ballad of my Fearless Heroine, by Vladimir Tsesis
You can find other examples of great non-fiction books by exploring Palmetto Publishing’s non-fiction genre collection.
The Benefits of Self-Publishing Non-Fiction
If you’ve written a non-fiction book, the next step is publishing it. For many authors, self-publishing their non-fiction work is the best solution. When you self-publish, you’ll see benefits like:
- Maintaining control over your work
- Avoiding the hassle of finding an agent and a publishing contract
- Retaining a significantly larger percentage of your royalties
- Marketing your book to the exact audience you had in mind when you wrote it
Self-publishing is a fast, effective way to take your book from a file on your computer to a physical object you can sell without giving up your rights to a publisher.
Publish Your Non-Fiction Book with Palmetto Publishing
Once you’ve decided to publish your book, it’s time to find the right self-publishing platform. Palmetto Publishing is a top-tier self-publishing service that will support your book every step of the way from conception and publication to marketing.
With Palmetto Publishing, you can make the most of our services, such as:
While writing the book remains your responsibility, looking for encouragement or advice never hurts. If you’re still finishing your non-fiction book(s), Palmetto offers a variety of writing resources. You can read The Complete Guide to the Book Writing Process or explore Palmetto’s wide range of blog posts on how to write books. These resources can help you stay on track and develop a solid first draft.
Once a book is written, it’s time to polish it up. Editing your work can be difficult. You may be too attached to your work to edit it effectively, or you may have spent so much time working on the book that you’ve become blind to typos and mistakes.
That’s where Palmetto’s book editing services can help. You can work with one of our experienced book editors to polish and prepare your book for publication. Whether you need simple line editing to spot mistakes or in-depth developmental editing to tighten up your book, Palmetto’s book editors will help you make your writing the best it can be.
Books must be carefully formatted to create a cohesive structure before publishing; specific formatting depends on your preferred publishing method(s) and how you want the final product to look.
Non-fiction books often require in-depth formatting. For instance, cookbooks, art books, and self-help books all need specific book layouts to make them legible and functional. Work with Palmetto book design services to format your book for your chosen publication method.
Many people do judge a book by its cover. You need a high-quality cover to make your book appealing to your target audience.
The graphic designers at Palmetto Publishing provide top-tier book cover design services for non-fiction books like yours. This service ensures that your book makes a great first impression on potential readers.
After all of the editing and book design tasks are complete, you can finally publish your book. Whether interested in softcover or hardcover book printing, Palmetto’s book publishing services can help you get your book into physical form.
You’ll have complete control over everything from the size of the book to the type of paper used, so your final product will always live up to your expectations. Plus, you can order hardcover books, softcover books, or both.
Printing your books isn’t the end of the story. The final step is book marketing. You’ll need to get the word out about your book, so potential readers know it exists.
With Palmetto’s book marketing services, you can start spreading the word about your new book and winning sales. These services include PR tools, marketing copy, and an author website designed to get your book in front of the people most likely to buy it.
Get In Touch
It’s time to turn your non-fiction manuscript into a book. With the proper support, you can transform your project into a published book that helps others. Palmetto Publishing has a proven track record of supporting authors like you to bring their non-fiction books to life.
Reach out to learn how Palmetto Publishing can help you print your book today.